Thank you for your interest in selling your handmade goods at the Elizabeth Celtic Festival at Casey Jones Park in Elizabeth, CO. Please read the information below and then submit your application. Our artisan coordinator will contact you after reviewing your application at which point you will either be sent an invoice from Paypal, or given the needed information to send your check. A Paypal account is NOT REQUIRED as they will process without one. If you need any help with this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding participation at the festival, please email email@example.com.
Event Dates: Sat. & Sun., July 15 & 16th, 2023 (always “The Third FULL Weekend of July”)
Festival Location: Casey Jones Park, 4189 Highway 86, Elizabeth, CO
We are located on the far east side of town.
Artisan, Merchant, or Vendor?:
- Artisans are those displaying and selling items which are 100% handcrafted by the seller in relatively small quantities. This includes paintings, pottery, glass, woodcarving, weavings, and so on. Each item is typically unique or one-of-a-kind. If you are selling jewelry and want to be considered for an artisan booth, please email us before submitting your application to see if you qualify. Otherwise, jewelry will be classified as merchants, If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merchants are those displaying and selling both handcrafted and non-handcrafted items. This includes new items crafted from manufactured products and those that are upcycled from pre-existing manufactured materials.
- Vendors are those displaying and selling items made by others, purchased wholesale, or produced in a facility with several employees. If you are selling any food in your booth, please email email@example.com.
In order to avoid over-saturation of certain products, preference will be given to early applicants of popular items. If you have questions about which category suits your wares, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help.
Application: Apply early! Fees increase on June 1. All applications, payments, and deposits must be received by July 1.
Applicants are subject to a review process but will be notified of acceptance or denial within two weeks of the application. If you are accepted, you will receive two invoices via email: one for the booth fee and one for the refundable deposit fee. The Elizabeth Celtic Festival Committee reserves the right to refuse any application. If you do not receive a confirmation or denial email within 2 weeks of application, please email us at email@example.com.
Fees/Refunds: See application for fees. Fees and deposits may be paid via PayPal or check.
Deposit: In addition to the booth fee, a refundable deposit is required. The deposit is returned to you following your clean-up on Sunday. Deposits made by check are not processed unless the deposit is forfeited; the original check will either be returned to you or marked void. Deposits made by PayPal will be refunded to the payment account within 1 week following the end of the festival.
Deposits are forfeited for any of the following:
- You revoke your commitment to attend after July 1
- You do not leave your booth area in an acceptable state
- You close your booth before closing time on either day
A no-show without explanation forfeits the entire booth fee and the deposit.
Artisans are expected to stay both days. Special exceptions can be made for single days if requested in advance; however, the fee will remain the same.
Artisans are required to stay open until 5:00 pm on Saturday and 4:00 pm on Sunday. In the event of dangerously inclement weather (impending hail, tornado, etc.), the Artisan Coordinator will decide if early closure is necessary and let you know.
No vehicles are allowed on the grounds Saturday evening in an effort to ensure greater security and avoid possible pedestrian issues. On Sunday, vehicles may enter the grounds to load, but not before 4:30 pm per insurance requirements. Contact the Artisan Coordinator if you have questions.
- Bring everything you need for an outdoor festival. You must provide your own tent(s), tables, chairs, and a sign or banner advertising your wares. Be prepared for Colorado in July…it can be 101° with blazing sun or 50° with wind, rain, and hail (and perhaps all of it in a single day!). Each tent must be securely staked to the ground or be weighed down. You must secure your belongings to your own satisfaction. The Festival Committee is not responsible for any losses.
- It is highly recommended to carry your own insurance for yourself and your wares.
- Restrictions on goods sold and booth display:
- Allowed animal products include antlers, horns, prepared leather, and sheared wool. The Festival reserves the right to restrict sales or presentation of items deemed inappropriate for a family event.
- No items with slogans, images, or names that could be considered politically charged or blatantly offensive are permitted.
- Open flames are prohibited in booths except under approval from the Fire Marshall.
- If you have questions concerning requirements, please contact us PRIOR TO festival time.
Electricity: There is no electricity available for artisans, and generators are forbidden at this festival due to the sound. Because we have ongoing music and dance competitions, please do not broadcast any music at your booth.
Pets: Non-certified service dogs are strictly prohibited! However, we host “Dogs of the British Isles” with special permission. You may apply to our Dog/Animal Coordinator if you believe your animal may qualify, and their immunization records are current. The Animal Coordinator can be contacted at Animals@ElizabethCelticFest.org and the form can be found here.
Smoking Restrictions. You are welcome to smoke in your car or at our designated smoking area by the baseball diamond, as directed by the Elizabeth Fire Marshall. Please note that Elbert County is frequently under strict fire bans in the summer. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.
Check-in & Set-up Times: We highly recommend that you check-in and set-up on Friday. Volunteers are available to guide you to your assigned booth location between 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm. Check-in Saturday morning begins at 7:00 am, however, all vehicles must be off the grounds by 8:30 am per insurance requirements.
Check-in Location: The main entrance to Casey Jones Park (off Hwy. 86 and next to the Pavilion Building) is the access point for all exhibitors who arrive within off-load time periods. This entrance is closed to all non-emergency traffic after 8:30 am on Saturday until closing on Sunday.
Check-In Procedures: You will be greeted at the Hwy. 86 Loading Gate entrance during Check-In times by a cheerful volunteer, who will have your check-in packet. You must check-in with a Festival volunteer before driving up to your site to off-load.
You will receive 2 entry wristbands for each day and 1 parking pass. Additional wristbands can be purchased at the Front Gate. You will need to pay the regular parking fee for additional vehicles. Once you have off-loaded, park your vehicle in the Main Parking Lot off County Road 17 (see Parking). Please off-load and move your vehicle off-grounds as quickly as possible so we can avoid congestion on the grounds.
If you are interested in camping overnight during the festival, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late Check-in: If you are running late, you will be asked to proceed directly to the Main Parking Lot off County Road 17. You will need to find the Artisan Coordinator before setting up your booth or offloading any of your supplies. Our insurance coverage requires pedestrians only 30 minutes prior to the Festival start time, so your vehicle cannot be allowed on the grounds after 8:30 am either Saturday or Sunday morning.
Check-Out: Please leave your site and near vicinity as clean or even better than it was when you arrived. Thanks!
Parking: All vehicles or trailers must be parked off-grounds during the Festival. As soon as you off-load, we ask that you move your vehicle off-grounds as soon as possible.
For your convenience, the Main Gate (pedestrian entrance) is open for access to Main Parking Friday evening until 9:00 pm, and Saturday morning before 8:30 am. Outside of those times, exit the park using the Loading Gate entrance.
To get to the Main Parking entrance, exit the Loading Gate by turning left onto Hwy 86. Drive west to County Road 17, then turn right and travel north on 17 for a short distance. Main Parking is on your right. Please park away from the gate near County Road 17, so spectators can park close to the gate and enjoy a shorter walk. Happy spectators are more likely to stay longer and shop more!
Legal Responsibilities: The Elizabeth Celtic Festival assumes no responsibility for any losses, damages, or injuries. Please secure your belongings and merchandise to your satisfaction. The Festival makes no warranties, either implied or expressed, regarding number of spectators or other conditions of selling, and each vendor participates at their own risk. All vendors must comply with state tax remittance regulations. Our location just outside the Elizabeth city limits excludes us from local remittance.
Questions? Email the Festival directly at email@example.com.